Thank you for your interest in
WAR OF THE WELL(e)S
An Audio Drama Adaptation
Written by Porchlight Artistic Director Michael Weber
Directed by A Red Orchid Ensemble Member Lawrence Grimm
To Access the Audio Drama:
- Click the Red Button Below to access the ticketing calendar.
- Once on the calendar page, pick any date on the calendar.
- Tickets for the audio drama are Pay-What-You-Will. Pick the price you would like to pay. If you don’t see the amount you would like to give, you can also choose to donate a specific amount when you finalize your order.
- Click through to pay for your ticket.
- Once you have purchased your ticket, you will receive a confirmation email which contains the link and code to access the audio drama.
- Please Note: The link to WAR OF THE WELL(e)S is a You Tube link. Upon clicking the link below, you will be taken to You Tube for your listening experience. This is an audio drama, so there will not be anything to “watch.” Sit back and enjoy your listening experience!
- Your link/code will be good through July 31st!
- Questions: Email A Red Orchid Managing Director Abigail Madden: firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds raised from this project go directly towards supporting the art of A Red Orchid Theatre & Porchlight Music Theatre. Thank you for your support!
Want to learn more about this Audio Drama?
View the virtual program for WAR OF THE WELL(e)S!
WAR OF THE WELL(e)S is a fascinating look at one of the most bizarre moments in American history. The story of a notorious evening of panic and mass hysteria, the play is an insider’s account of the players and circumstances that collided one fateful autumn evening on the eve of World War II.
Halloween Eve, 1938. A shaken America struggles to recover from economic collapse as Hitler threatens the future of the Free World. At 8:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, our nation is attacked…by the planet Mars.
An audacious “boy wonder” named Orson Welles has envisioned the most terrifying hour of radio ever presented and what emerges from the CBS airwaves that night will send an anxious population to the streets in mass hysteria. It was indeed a war of the worlds, pitting a daring, modern medium against a stunning abandonment of common sense. This is the true story of the legendary event that forever changed the rules of broadcasting while igniting the meteoric rise of an unbridled superstar.