Join Our Associate Board
Interested in becoming an Associate Board Member?
Are you a young professional looking to become involved with an arts organization in Chicago? We are looking for young people to join our newly formed Associate Board! As an advisory volunteer committee, the Associate Board will support A Red Orchid Theatre in producing live theatre and will work together to increase audience awareness, fundraise, and celebrate artistic innovation.
Specific Associate Board Member responsibilities include:
1. A personal commitment to support the theatre annually.
This may include:
- Purchase of a 2022-2023 Flashpass ($70) or Preview Flashpass ($50), good for admission for one person to each show in A Red Orchid’s season
- Purchase of tickets to special events (personal or network)
- In-kind donations
- A personal financial contribution
2. Active participation in Associate Board communications and activities, and attendance at 75% of Associate Board meetings per year.
Meetings are being held primarily virtually every other Wednesday from 6:30pm-7:30pm. The Associate Board will work together to plan and schedule in-person meetings as needed for projects.
3. Active participation in fundraising activities.
- Helping lead planning and execution of a peer-to-peer fundraising event
- Promoting A Red Orchid’s fundraising campaigns
- Participating in A Red Orchid’s Annual Appeal signing (Sept/Nov)
5. Support audience development
- Attend a minimum of 2 shows per season at A Red Orchid. (We highly encourage members to invite newcomers to attend an AROT show with you!)
- Volunteer at a minimum of 1 special event annually
Joyful Giving Initiatives
While not requirements of Associate Board Membership, these initiatives mirror the A Red Orchid Theatre Board of Directors’ efforts and will go a long way in providing a fulfilling and meaningful year of service on the A Red Orchid Theatre Associate Board.
- Hosting a social activity for the A Red Orchid Theatre Associate Board
- Participating in individual fundraising opportunities (i.e. creating a social media birthday fundraiser, or hosting a mini-event for a small group of friends)
- Generating opportunities for deeper audience engagement (i.e. writing a social media post about a performance you saw at A Red Orchid Theatre)
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about A Red Orchid’s mission and wants to be involved with our fundraising activities.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
A commitment to and understanding of A Red Orchid Theatre’s patrons and community, preferably based on experience
Personal qualities of integrity and credibility, as well as a personal commitment to social compassion and aesthetic rigor
Service on A Red Orchid’s Associate Board is without remuneration, except for administrative support costs in relation to Associate Board Members’ duties.
Interested in becoming an associate board member? Click here to fill out an application.
Have questions about this volunteer position? Email Associate Board Chair Chloe Tarnowski here for more information. No phone calls, please.
A Red Orchid Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, or sexual orientation. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.