Foundation & Corporate Relations Coordinator
Join A Red Orchid Theatre’s Staff!
A Red Orchid Theatre (AROT) is an ensemble of artists dedicated to the proliferation of live theatre in the modern world. We believe that theatre is the greatest sustenance for the human spirit and approach our work with a palpable sense of social compassion, aesthetic rigor, and honesty. By presenting new plays from all over the world and by reviving insightful works from the past that bear new relevance today, we aim to seek out and build new audiences for the modern stage.
Do you know and love A Red Orchid Theatre and want to be part of sustaining our future work and telling our story to the world? You could be our Foundation & Corporate Relations Coordinator!
This 1/4-time position will continue a multi-year, sustainable fundraising strategy to increase funding, maintain diverse revenue streams, and identify areas for possible growth. The Foundation & Corporate Relations Coordinator will work directly alongside our Managing Director and Artistic Director to sustain AROT’s role as a regional, national, and international leader in our medium.
We encourage you to apply by May 1, 2022!
This position focuses on several areas of Institutional Giving, including Foundation & Corporate Grants, Partnerships, and Sponsorships. The specific duties and responsibilities for this position fall into three major categories:
- General Strategy & Relationship Building
- Expand upon existing fundraising strategies to support organizational and financial growth
- Under the guidance of executive staff, develop and execute specific work-plans to achieve A Red Orchid’s financial goals regarding Corporate and Foundation Support (Sponsorships, Grants, and Partnerships)
- Build and maintain personal relationships with contacts at foundations, corporations, local businesses, and Preferred Dining Partners
- Create mission-based opportunities to effectively and efficiently grow both A Red Orchid’s corporate footprint and our visibility in the larger philanthropic and arts communities
- Identify specific areas of need and design effective funding requests for those projects
- Implementation & Special Projects
- Assist in executing all fundraising activities with the support of staff, Board of Directors, Associate Board and volunteers
- Maintain a grant calendar, schedule site visits, and complete all necessary grant applications, proposals, meetings, and reports
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward foundations and corporate partners
- Coordinate events that highlight our relationships with local businesses and Preferred Dining Partners, including Opening Night and Closing Night receptions
- Serve as primary contact with foundation program officers and corporate partner staff
- Ensure prompt and meaningful follow-up communication with all contributors
- Research & Data Management
- Assist in the updating, management, analysis, and utilization of the existing database as it pertains to potential and current corporate/foundation partners
- Research potential new corporate sponsors, foundation grant-makers, and community/dining partners
- Maintain mail/email contact lists of foundation and corporate donor network
- Track programs and pertinent budgets for corporate partner- and foundation-supported programming
- Work with executive staff and Board of Directors to determine priorities and support those efforts through fundraising initiatives as needed
Successful candidates will:
- Be positive-minded, team-oriented, diligent, organized, timely, and detail driven
- Embrace and admire theatre and the arts’ capacity for inspiration and positive change
- Possess 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Remain committed to the values and mission of our organization
- Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office and data management systems
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
We highly value teamwork, real-time communication and collaboration. We are looking for someone to grow with us in a fun, engaging, and highly creative environment.
A Red Orchid Theatre is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
A Red Orchid Theatre defines equity, diversity, and inclusion as reaching beyond ourselves to create art that reflects society. As a company committed to honoring the human spirit, we feel it is crucial to practice what we preach about social compassion and honesty. We are committed to examining ourselves, our culture, and our policies and making anti-racism a central, core value.
Additionally, A Red Orchid Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our hiring process. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AROT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Salary and Benefits
This is a ¼-time position with a starting salary of $10,000 and benefits. The Foundation & Corporate Relations Coordinator can expect to work 10 hours per week. The range of benefits includes paid earned time off, and a flexible, hybrid schedule.
To apply, please email the following documents to email@example.com with subject line: Foundation & Corporate Relations Coordinator Application | [Your Name].
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
- 3 professional references with email and phone contact information
- 1-2 professional writing samples.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply by May 1, 2022.