Welcome Back - We've Missed You!
A Message To A Red Orchid Theatre Family & Patrons:
In order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, A Red Orchid Theatre continues to monitor the evolving coronavirus situation closely and follow the guidance provided by the CDC, as well as local and state public health authorities, in order to keep our audiences, employees, and artists safe.
Season 30 has begun! For more information about our current season, click the button below. To read about our safety precautions and requirements, continue reading below.
We are no longer requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination at their time of entry.
However, we are following the community masking guidelines recommended by Chicago Department of Public Health and CDC Community Risk Levels as outlined below (https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/covid-dashboard.html).
- When Community Risk Level is HIGH (red), high-quality masks are required during your time at AROT.
- When Community Risk Level is MEDIUM (yellow), masks are strongly recommended at AROT.
- When Community Risk Level is LOW (green), masks are optional at AROT.
If you are immunocompromised or at higher risk, consider wearing a mask during your time at AROT. We will be posting the current Risk Level (HIGH, MEDIUM, or LOW) at all performances. These policies are subject to change based on guidance provided by the CDC, as well as local and state public health authorities. A Red Orchid is grateful for our community’s cooperation in keeping our audiences, artists, and employees safe.
Additionally, the following safety measures have been put into place to ensure artist and audience safety:
- HEPA air purifiers have been placed inside the theatre and dressing rooms. These purifiers fully clean the air every 30 minutes.
- Refreshments and concessions will not be served this season at A Red Orchid.
- Seating is not assigned. Audience members are encouraged to socially distance when choosing their seats.
- All of AROT’s full-time, part-time, hourly, and guest artist employees who work in person at our office, rehearsal room(s), or performance venue(s) must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless a reasonable accommodation is required. All employees, staff, and guest artists are required to show proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.
- On every production, AROT provides rapid antigen test kits to all actors and stage management. Team members are required to test two to three times a week based on Cook County’s current Risk Level. Team members must send proof of their results to the production’s designated COVID Safety Officer before arriving onsite.
- Flexibility is of the utmost importance right now. While we currently remain committed to making art, we will continue to assess daily how we move forward. We may need to make a quick decision and we realize you may have to as well. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions regarding tickets. All ticket purchases will be able to be exchanged for a later date, if needed. To exchange tickets, you can email our Audience Services Manager, Reilly Ribeiro.
We will continue to monitor CDC, federal, and state regulations and recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 virus. All safety protocols are subject to change. If you have additional questions or concerns, please email Managing Director, Audrey Billings.
You can also stay connected with us by following our Instagram and Facebook pages. We will be sharing all important announcements on both of these pages.
With much love and gratitude,
A Red Orchid Theatre