Join A Red Orchid Theatre’s Staff!
A Red Orchid Theatre (AROT) is an ensemble of artists dedicated to the proliferation of live theatre in the modern world. We believe that theatre is the greatest sustenance for the human spirit and approach our work with a palpable sense of social compassion, aesthetic rigor, and honesty. By presenting new plays from all over the world and by reviving insightful works from the past that bear new relevance today, we aim to seek out and build new audiences for the modern stage.
Do you know and love A Red Orchid Theatre and want to be part of crafting our future direction and telling our story to the world? You could be our Communications Coordinator!
We are looking for our next conceptual collaborator and creative partner. You are an innovative systems thinker who is eager to take on new challenges. You aren’t afraid of the unknown, and you thrive as much creating the process as the product. You have a background in communications and/or donor relations, and you relish the opportunity to work for a values-aligned organization. You are a lover of the arts.
As the AROT Communications Coordinator, you will lead the charge in telling our story through our media channels, online communications platforms, and other outreach strategies. Under the direction of our Managing and Development Directors, you will help us engage our community more deeply and assist in growing our network of supporters.
Does this sound like you?
We encourage you to apply by September 10th!
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Theatre, OR equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, public relations, media relations or similar career discipline.
- Understanding of current media and PR strategies and trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to write for different audiences and channels.
- Experience with web content management systems (WordPress preferred), email marketing software (Constant Contact preferred), social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), Google Analytics, and Google Ads.
- Able to manage multiple communications projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Organized self-starter and self-directed, willing to be flexible, a positive attitude, and a willingness to adjust to rapidly changing landscape and the possibility of unanticipated projects and demands.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of and/or passion for the not-for-profit theatre and performance field.
- Commitment to advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and the theatre field.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit theatre sector and A Red Orchid’s place in the theatre landscape.
- Experience working in graphic design or art direction.
- Partner with Managing Director and team to develop and execute integrated marketing and communication strategies based on a shared understanding of AROT’s mission, vision, and values.
- Assist in developing and implementing a digital media strategy and work plan, to include social media, web, and email, outlining measurable outcomes as part of an overall communications plan.
- Act as primary creative director and develop content calendar for AROT’s social media channels; lead implementation.
- Administer the organization’s weekly email efforts, including email list building and management, and develop new regular direct email strategies in line with AROT’s marketing and fundraising goals.
- Partner with Managing Director to manage contractors for creation of AROT-branded online and print pieces; oversee design as needed.
- Assist in managing AROT public relations: create media strategy in partnership with the Managing Director; write, edit, draft press releases in partnership with external PR firm; monitor media coverage.
- Engage with and support the Director of Development in the fundraising process by administering the organization’s donor recognition plan, including weekly acknowledgement letters.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, lead and craft donation strategy for individual giving appeals.
- Manage AROT’s CRM database and expand its functional use in day-to-day operations.
- Support communication and documentation of AROT in-person events.
- Work with leadership to assess analytics and evaluate impacts of communications campaigns and adjust accordingly.
- Maintain AROT digital assets, including photos, videos, articles, media coverage, and links.
A Red Orchid Theatre is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
A Red Orchid Theatre defines equity, diversity, and inclusion as reaching beyond ourselves to create art that reflects society. As a company committed to honoring the unrelinquishing human spirit, we feel it is crucial to practice what we preach about social compassion and honesty. We are committed to examining ourselves, our culture, our policies and making anti-racism a central core value.
Additionally, A Red Orchid Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our hiring process. BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AROT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $38,000 and benefits. The range of benefits include medical insurance, paid vacation time and paid earned time off, and a flexible schedule.
To apply, please email the following documents to email@example.com with subject line: Communications Coordinator Application | [Your Name].
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
- (3) professional references with email and phone contact information
- 1-2 professional writing samples.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply by September 10th.