Audience Services Manager
Join A Red Orchid Theatre’s Staff!
A Red Orchid Theatre is an ensemble of artists dedicated to the proliferation of live theatre in the modern world. We believe that theatre is the greatest sustenance for the human spirit and approach our work with a palpable sense of social compassion, aesthetic rigor, and honesty. By presenting new plays from all over the world and by reviving insightful works from the past that bear new relevance today, we aim to seek out and build new audiences for the modern stage.
We lead with curiosity and inclusion; leveraging the collective power of ensemble to challenge convention in unexpected, provocative ways. We seek to cultivate an artistic home for both artist and patron that celebrates and interrogates the myriad intersections of humanity.
A Red Orchid Theatre is seeking someone to join our team as the part-time Audience Services Manager. This individual will work Thursday through Sunday during the run of each show. Duties will include overseeing front of house, managing the box office, supervising FOH volunteers and ushers for performances and assisting with the upkeep of facilities.
The Audience Services Manager:
- Reports directly to the Managing Director.
- Serves as lead House Manager for all A Red Orchid productions.
- Checks in patrons as they arrive for each performance as well as facilitates standby lines and providing consistency for our subscribers and returning guests.
- Implements and refines all front of house policies and processes.
- Schedules all box office and vaccination checker shifts.
- Reconciles nightly ticket sales.
- Supervises volunteer ushers.
- Fulfills special service and accessibility needs.
- Submits daily reports to A Red Orchid’s leadership on front of house activity.
- Executes day-of box office transactions including exchanges, cancellations, and VIP requests.
- Receives calls to box office before shows and during office hours.
- Reports to the Managing Director all necessary facility maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures hallway, lobby and bathrooms are clean.
Hours & Compensation
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Primary hours are: Approx. 20 hours a week to include: 3-10PM Thursdays & Fridays, 1-10PM Saturdays, 1-5:30PM Sundays. Days and hours worked may flex in non-production weeks.
- This position is part-time hourly and does not receive health insurance benefits, holiday pay, or any paid time-off.
- Pay: $15/hr.
Experience, Skills & Attributes
- 2-3 years of experience in customer service
- Genuine lover of theater and its patrons
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to think on your feet, listen, assess, and communicate clearly under pressure
- Ability to follow set policies & procedures
- Attention to details & organizational skills
A Red Orchid Theatre is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
A Red Orchid Theatre defines equity, diversity, and inclusion as reaching beyond ourselves to create art that reflects society. As a company committed to honoring the human spirit, we feel it is crucial to practice what we preach about social compassion and honesty. We are committed to examining ourselves, our culture, and our policies and making anti-racism a central, core value.
Additionally, A Red Orchid Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our hiring process. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AROT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.